Friday, September 2, 2011

Fun stuff

Here we sit, each sipping a beer and working on a basket of onion rings. We are about 10 miles from our campsite for the night and today has been a day of small excitements. I was chased by a very friendly dog for a full 2 miles! It was having a ball! Once I figured out that it just wanted to chase me, I had fun watching it run, it's tongue flapping wildly out the side of it's mouth! I finally came to a stop and soon after, it's owner pulled up in his pickup truck to retrieve his dog. He seems to like his dog but offered to let me take him! I would have had we been a bit closer to home. He was an awesome dog. Both Evan and I saved turtles today! We are going to make it in the local newspaper in Long Prairie Mi. !!! We have also made the decision to take the train from Fargo, ND to Havre, MT. we have decided this because North Dakota is a bit of a mess right now with the oil boom and the flooding. We also heard that it is a boring state. With the 2 weeks we will save of travel, we will cycle more extensively through Glacier National Park and out to Puget Sound in Washington state, continuing down the coast and back inland to Portland. We are both excited about this plan and are continuing our travels with Erik! 

No comments:

Post a Comment